Feb 14, 2013

Blue

Love warms me as I stare
at a cloudless, blue sky.
Standing at the edge
of a deep blue ocean,
I feel an amazing sense of
hope and second chances.
Blue describes my grandfather's
eyes, sparkling with laughter.
A bouquet of blue balloons,
for the new bouncing baby boy.
The cast of The Great Smoky Mountains
glows with a blue promise of freedom.
Red, White, and Blue fly above
the post office, proudly announcing 
America.
Could the blues be sang so meaningful,
had Muddy Waters not felt blue?
Mixed with the right shade of red,
blue produces my favorite hue of purple.
Just a few thoughts that float through
my mind when I hear the word 'blue'.

@ donetta sifford 2-14-2013

http://wovendreamsprompts.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/woven-dreams-prompt-1-blue/

4 comments:

  1. This is just lovely. Love what you've done with this prompt.

    So glad you've joined us for the first week of Woven Dreams! I hope you'll come back to participate on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I look forward to participating regularly with your prompts.

      Delete
  2. PS: We also need more prompt ideas! If you have any (words or short phrases) leave in a comment next time you stop in, thanks Donetta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful shades of blue! All uplifting!
    Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....