Feb 9, 2013

Imperfect perfection

Planets in alignment
would be perfection.
As you lie on a blanket,
spread out on your lawn.
Star gazing, within the
white picket fence that
outlines your dreams.

Thoughts of your world
suffocate me, suppress 
my spirit, making my
mind feel trapped.
Imperfections cast a 
beautiful glow on all
my visions and hope.

Drawn to one another
by a force we can't explain.
Colliding for a moment
in time, a dazzling explosion.
Tempting fate, wanting to last,
was too much to expect.

Moments like that aren't
supposed to be recaptured.
Rare, unique memories
to pull out on a rainy day.

@ donetta sifford 2-9-2013

My post for 100 Word Song:





4 comments:

  1. I got that suffocating serene feeling in my chest when I read this.

    I was holding my breath until the end.

    This was a beautifully written read. I know I said it once, but I had to give an official comment as well.

    I SAW every line of this poem and I felt mesmerized by it, for lack of a better word.

    It's like I know what to say and I don't at the same time.

    I think you've left me sort of speechless without being speechless, as good writing tends to do.


    I'm feeling craft-envy, and LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Moment that aren't supposed to be recaptured."

    That line. Just...that line.

    Love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome, thanks for having this in your blog :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last line within the first stanza was just about perfect. Thanks also, for the perfect prompt this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....