Feb 3, 2013

Inner Strength

Strong willed is my character.
Been knocked down plenty of times.
Dust myself off, better than before.

How much can one person handle?
Is it my weakness if I need someone?
Carrying the weight of my world gets heavy. 

Almost afraid to open up to anyone.
Independence comes at a large price.
Paid all I am, until I'm broken inside.

Would you help me when I fall a step behind?
Could you hold my tiny hand in your stronger grip?
Hoist all this back breaking worry over your shoulder?

You may be a lesson, I still posses my inner strength. 
                                                                               @ donetta sifford 2-3-2013

This is for 100 Word Song at a very cool blog:             http://lancemyblogcanbeatupyourblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/dude-write-100-word-song-strength/


8 comments:

  1. Nice poem! I really like how you used the prompt. The line about my weakness is very thought provoking. Great job.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much! I didn't link it to your blog because I seen the 'Dude's only' which comes with the title of your blog. :) I enjoyed this song. I had never heard it before. :)

      Delete
  2. We all need someone like this to help us along.
    Lovely, thoughtful write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a weakness, it takes strength to admit we need others. No man is an island. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...wait, where was I going with this?

    Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marked this one as "touching." Very, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the last line, and a wonderful 100 overall!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....