Feb 28, 2013

Trifecta: Friday Check-In



  • What is your name (real or otherwise)? 
  • Describe your writing style in three words. 
  • How long have you been writing online? 
  • Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in? 
  • Describe one way in which you could improve your writing. 
  • What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? 
  • Who is your favorite author?  
  • How do you make time to write?
  • Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember--it must have a third definition.
  • Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn't miss reading.
  • - See more at: http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/2012/01/friday-check-in.html#sthash.wPvh62XE.dpuf


    I just found this on a blog I love very much.  So I thought it would be a fun post to do and it is a great way to get to know other bloggers.  I have found some favorites through Trifecta. So here goes:

    1.  Donetta Lee Sifford 

    2.  poetic, honest, fun

    3.  If Facebook is considered writing online, I have been writing since the end of 2010.   I opened a blog the end of 2012 and just this year of 2013 have been writing a lot online as far as blogs, Twitter, and Google+.

    4.  I participate in the 100 Word Song Prompt from My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog, the one word prompt from Woven Dreams, challenges in my favorite community on Google+ 'Poets of G+' and a few others.

    5.  I could improve my writing by expanding my vocabulary and trying to word things in a way that creates my own style.

    6.  The best advice I have been given so far is to study my favorite Poets and think about why I relate to their style and poetry and incorporate that into some of my work.  Not write like them.  Aspire to write just as well as them. This was from a friend and moderator in the Poets of G+ community, AJ Walker. +AJ Walker 

    7.  Mary Karr is my favorite author.  I discovered her through her memoir 'The Liar's Club' then 'Cherry'.  After reading those I found her poetry books, 'Viper Rum'.  She still has work I want to read. 

    8.  I don't really make time to write exactly.  Insomnia helps me in that way.  I will however when I find some alone time, go by the river in my small town, and write because it's peaceful and inspiring.  I carry a journal with me in my purse and jot down things all day, when I can.

    9.  A one word prompt I would choose, and not sure if you've used it or not, would be 'Insanity'.  I checked, it has a third definition. lol

    10.  I would encourage anyone to read my post which is actually something written by someone else but has had a huge meaning to me.  http://myconstantthought.blogspot.com/2013/01/autobiography-in-five-short-chapters.html

    Thank you for all of your wonderful challenges and a huge Thank You to anyone who takes the time to read my constant thoughts. 

    http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/2012/01/friday-check-in.html

    1 comment:

    1. Interesting list Donetta! I'm glad you found your way to my blog and I found yours, I've enjoyed your poetry very much! :<)

      ReplyDelete

    Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....