Apr 18, 2013

I Will Return

Spring, 1935 by Kuzma Petrov-Vodin
Serenity surrounds my heart
Watching you gaze, undisturbed
Sitting with grace and elegance 
Would be a shame to interrupt 
Your thoughts but I wonder
Or rather hope they are of us
Haven't the heart to tell you
Trying to mesmerize your look
For I must depart in the morn
Leaving you behind, my love
As I leave the town below us
To labor and save for life together
I hope memory doesn't fail you
When you sit upon our hill
Yes I hope your thoughts 
Are of me, always of you and I
Hopeful to find you waiting
For my return and I will 
Return to you to ask you to marry

@ donetta sifford 4-18-2013






3 comments:

  1. There is so much story contained in these few words, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful promise to one's self. And return I'm sure he will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this...very romantic. There is no doubt he'll do everything in his power to return to her!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....