Apr 5, 2013

Love Is A Game

 been told by wiser ones than me
we all get played for a fool
kept a tight lock on my heart 
decided then love wasn't for me
it was a game i never cared to play
you came along when i was down
  knew all the right words to say
 voice inside my head screaming 
 that old saying 'if it sounds too good to be true'
before i realized what was happening
through our laughter, opened up my soul
suddenly you changed the rules
how can you turn your feelings off and on
should give up but hoping you'll call

@ donetta sifford 4-5-2013




4 comments:

  1. Wow. I totally relate to this. In every respect. Very well done. This is my first link up with 100 Word Song. Glad to see you here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do people do that? Turn on and off the feelings. I've never learned that trick.
    Don't think I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's turning on and off, it's insecurity and immaturity building a cult of personality.

    I've had a lot of therapy, Can you tell?

    Great 100, netta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My therapist suck. lol. I like your thought better though. :)

      Delete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....