Apr 6, 2013

Regret



i cannot remember the way it all began
hearing your voice over the phone 
sound of sexiness and laughter
now all i can recall is how you sounded
in anger speaking to me, it hurts
don't want to miss you
memories can lie
all the brightness i thought would be us
is ruined by your lackluster attitude
you created a world of self loathing
then lay the blame on me
when all i wanted was to show you
how colorful life could be 
basking in the journey of each other
put up a roadblock between us
making me regret trying

@ donetta sifford 4-6-2013

***This was written for two of my favorite prompt blogs***


100 Word Challenge writing prompt



http://www.velvetverbosity.com/2013/04/02/100-word-writing-prompt-325/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=100-word-writing-prompt-325

http://wovendreamsprompts.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/woven-dreams-prompt-8-remember/

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like Woven Dreams! It's always a pleasure to read your poems. I hope you'll join us tomorrow too for this week's prompt: Alive.

    PS: If you're a yarn-lover, do stop by my Blogger review blog (click through from my profile) I've got a great contest for the month of April.

    Happy weekend Donetta, G

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad and heartfelt woven together beautifully. Sounds like you experenced it firsthand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad portrayal of a relationship gone bad. Good poem for the prompt, Donetta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad, but touching. Nicely done, Donetta!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....