Apr 29, 2013

Won't Look Ahead



This week's word is:

DOOR

1: a usually swinging or sliding barrier by which an entry is closed and opened; also : a similar part of a piece of furniture
2: doorway
3: a means of access or participation : opportunity <opens new doors> <door to success>



Don't want to hear "it's for the best"
How my dispirited heart will heal
That one day I will look back on this
Couldn't be told, had to feel
When behind you one door closes
Ahead is another opened one
More favorable with brighter things
Better moments still to come
Experience has taught me
In most cases this is a fact
As for now I won't listen though
Until I get my pride in tact

@ donetta sifford 4-29-2013




15 comments:

  1. This is how I feel whenever I've heard the old "it's for the best" schpiel. And woe betide the fool who dares say to me "t'is better to have loved and lost." Nothing makes me see red quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hope and confidence of the last line has a sadness to it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful poem and expresses a harsh reality. What you know in your head doesn't always feel "right". Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the emotion in this. The seemingly trite words of comfort really don't help until we're ready to see something besides despair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never get to old to feel the sting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely told Donetta! Great job capturing all those emotions — very relatable (at least for me!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool poem. I like its rhythm and you have some awesome lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hindsight is a great thing. Nothing like being in the present though. Well written. (RogRites)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that there is hopw ahead.. but it's har to be stuck between doors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this poem reflecting on some home truths:-)True,many times when we hurt,we do not want to look into the future & hope.Well done Donetta:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely poem with a bitter, true message. If this was out of experience, hugs LM x

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....