May 5, 2013

Today Is Bright

disquieting how life gets cruel
my sweet girls, just looking at you
reminds me how lucky, blessed i am
some day's are dreary, filled with gloom
grasp onto all happiness tossed your way
responsibilities drops worries at your door
soothing me listening to your laughter now
drowns out troubled voices in my head
before time brings sadness unknown
i'm holding onto this time we're sharing
won't waste one minute thinking of troubles
i know tomorrow may be like yesterday
thankful today is bright and amazing
loving each of you helps me find light

@ donetta sifford 5-5-2013

This poem was written for:  

and about my two gorgeous daughters.  i had never heard this song before but i definitely have added this to my top ten favorites. here is the song to inspire over at 100 Word Song ...........











3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love "filled with gloom

    grasp onto all happiness tossed your way

    responsibilities drops worries at your door

    soothing me listening to your laughter now"

    You should print this out and give if to your kid(s)

    well done ma'am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you much. yes, when my daughters laugh, i can almost forget how much a person worries when they have children. shew

      Delete
  2. Funny how rarely I remember that "drowning" can be a positive thing as well. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....