Jun 17, 2013

Greatest Dad, My Granfather

ketchup with us


'KETCHUP WITH US' - PROMPT #20
In 57 words or less, tell us about a story about a great dad 

in your life, fact or fiction.



Life is tough but he was tougher.
Late nights listening to his stories,
until 3 a.m. crept up. Granny long
retired to bed. Only father I needed,
my grandfather taught me more of
life than school could prepare me for.
Taken too soon to see I absorbed
all the values he tried to teach.

@ donetta sifford 6-17-2013
Happy Father's Day in Heaven Calvin Douglas Sifford

3 comments:

  1. He sounds like an amazing man. I, too, would sit for hours listening to my Pa. So many stories, lessons and laughter. What a tender entry. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I just know he sees how well you're doing and what a profound impact he had on your life. Happy Father's Day, Donetta's Grandpa! You sound like somebody I'd like to grab a sandwich with sometime. :)

    Thank for playing today, Donetta.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....