Jun 27, 2013

Wish It Would Rain

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog



Feels like everything 
is on the verge of better.
Smiles outlining the street
outside my passenger window.
Grab my reflection
frowning sadly at me
Think I threw all my pennies
into one wishing well that looked hopeful
Now there's none  
saved back for a rainy day
It sure seems 
all the white clouds left me
I'm being followed 
by one that's grey
Driving in silence
while the d.j. laughs on the radio
Seems strange now
my words have escaped me
Was a time
we would be dancing in love's parade
How I wish
rain would fall washing my blues away

@ donetta sifford 6-27-2013

http://lancemyblogcanbeatupyourblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/100-word-song-i-think-its-going-to-rain-today/




4 comments:

  1. Love the details and the way you create the mood in this song-poem, Donetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Hope all has been well with you. :)

      Delete
  2. "...we would be dancing in love's parade..." great line! Really clever imagery Donetta. And I could picture it all...as if I were sitting in that car, peering out sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I wish as well.

    This was beautiful, and true, and a perfect response to the prompt Donetta!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....