Jul 21, 2013

Controlled

Image hosting by Photobucket





it's crossed my mind
just a time or two
any relationship's controlled
by the one that contains
the ability to stay distant.
not allowing emotions to show.
if i let my thoughts wander
ease myself into the past.
seen a pair of brown eyes
cry while i remain poker-faced. 
justified my insensitive nature
by telling myself, he knew his role.
now look at me on the other side.
met my match on being callous.
everyone gets their turn i suppose.
it's a cruel game to try to win.
as i have grown it's crossed my mind
maybe more than a time or two
there are no winners after all.
love shouldn't be a challenge
it should be caring, compassionate,
unconditional, and honest

@ donetta sifford 7-21-2013

Written for:  Sunday Scribblings

3 comments:

  1. Eloquent and rather poignant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh yeah, a nice little piece here from the should’ves, could’ves and would’ves of love – a lifetime of lessons required, and no guarantees of success – but generally worth the while!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....