Jul 26, 2013

King For A Second




Let them all stare, blankly
Wind in my hair, basking
In glowing sunlight, this is my moment.
Working day and night, weary
Trying to get life right, stopping
For a moment to sit upon the King of the Jungle
This statue has held my eye, shining
Figured I would climb so high, remembering
Nobody has a perfect life, but happiness is within reach
Suppose I look crazy, smiling
To me I feel as high on life as the throne I'm perched upon
Ah, now for the climb back down

@ donetta sifford 7-26-2013

Written for: VisDare

2 comments:

  1. I really love this! What more can I say? I shall have to reread it many a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Feel free to copy it if you like. I am so happy you liked you. :)

      Delete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....