Aug 19, 2013

A Vision

the 12 words of wordle:   space, dreamed, years, period, stay, floor, if,  heart, tribute, vision, degrees, nestled, persuaded

photo source

Left my heart where you broke it.
I like feeling the empty
space inside my soul.
Years of loving you scarred me.
If I could have had some vision.
Dreamed what wrapped around us,
would unravel to the floor.
I would have nestled us from it.
Counted another million reasons to stay.
Wonder what measures the degrees of hell?
I'm left burning,
almost persuaded to come home.
Foolish mind pays a tribute,
to everything we once was.
Have a chance to come
or end us for good, period.
Maybe we could be better a third time.
Three times a charm.

donetta sifford 8-19-2013
Written for:  The Sunday Whirl



7 comments:

  1. ah, knowing it is wrong, and yet still wanting more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yearning in this beautiful poem is achingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured the aching yearning beautifully! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twice perhaps but three times would be masochistic. Apart from that I must confess the words definitely led in this direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the ending once I put it in place. I'll probably rework that. I agree, three times is begging for sadness and pain. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....