Aug 14, 2013

You Get Nothing

photo source


Standing in the rain, soul torn before you
Being pulled apart with unsure feelings of us
My love took an umbrella and walked away
Finally my hatred took the opposite path
Leaving me in the down pour of our demise
All that's left is indifference I feel toward you
Tried to make you love me, begged on my knees
Wanted so badly to hate you, for the wrongs done to me
Stripped down to nothing, broken in to pieces
Grew weary of trying to understand you
Learned I couldn't hate you for it took a lot of energy
Now I just don't care, warned you it was coming
I don't feel one way or the other, like you're a stranger
I'm left here, feeling indifferent, it feels good
Memories don't burn me, nor do they keep me warm
Any feelings left for you, they are gone
Don't want you unhappy, never was my plan
If you're happy, I'm still not smiling either
Loving you, hating you, left me confused
At least feeling indifferent finally feels true
Please don't try to call my bluff or think you know me now
You don't know me anymore, walls all around
It's a peaceful feeling of nothingness

@ donetta sifford 8-14-2013
Written for: Visdare 33 - Indifferent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....