Sep 10, 2013

Beautiful Mix Tape

Jen Kehl



This is the Beautiful Twisted MixTape, and the songs are whatever we define as beautiful.  I think a lot of music is beautiful, like Elton John on the piano, but really when I think of beautiful songs, these come to mind:


I am a huge Hank Williams and Hank Williams Jr.  fan. Hank 3, not so much.  Hank Jr. doesn't strike me at first as 'beautiful'. Actually, reminds me of Jim Beam days, gone with the wind, thank goodness.  Him singing Major Moves, just makes me feel something inside, beautiful.




Something about singing to that special girl just screams 'beautiful' so this is where 'Hey There, Delilah' comes in, by Plain White T-Shirts. 




I'm just going with what pops into my mind at this moment.  Which for some reason is 'Meet Virginia'.  Probably the first Train song I ever heard and liked.   




Moving along, how could anyone deny that the Rolling Stones singing 'Wild Horses' isn't a beautiful song. Their voices, the words, the music itself. I describe the song 'beautiful'.




This list actually came out pretty fast,  with no rhyme or reason.  My last choice would be Brantley Gilbert singing 'Play Me That Song'.  It just has beautiful lyrics and the music goes with my whole theme of 'laid back beautiful'.  He plays 'her a song he wrote about a girl who might never know, how much he cares'.  <swoon>  
   



There you have my 5 top Beautiful songs.  This is a blog hop,so hop over to Jen's blog and share what songs make you think 'beautiful'.   Oh side note:  Jen was talking about the Eagles' song and the lyric 'Tiffany twisted'.  I done that for years with the Marshal Tucker Band.  "Heard It In A Love Song" to me always came out "Pretty Little Love Song", until at their live concert my friend looked at me as though I lost my mind. Good times. lol.   

6 comments:

  1. OK, if you had told me that Hank Williams Jr. was going to be making an appearance today, I would've jumped outta my pick-up right before throwing my half-empty can of Bud square at your head; but you nailed it with this one Donetta - nicely done!

    And hey, don't forget to link up (I don't see your post on Jen's site as of yet)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Thank you. I thought about shoving him last but I couldn't. Something about pick-up trucks, beer, trains, mama, and rain...... make a country song every time. :) I should be showing up now, I hope. Thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
  2. hey that's Train? lol ( more songs than I should admit I like and never learn who the artist is... a lot time in the car with the radio on...)
    liked your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I am not a Stones fan per se, but let me say - Wild Horses, that is one of my faves. Because beauty is beauty. The only song I didn't know was Brantley Gilbert, I'm listening now, it really is beautiful. This is a fabulous list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wild Horses was my parents' wedding song. As such, it holds a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wild Horses is a great pick for this list. "Hey There Delilah" is one of those songs that you either love or you hate. I'm not the former. ;) But, just because I don't like it doesn't mean I can't get why it is on your list... it does have a beautiful quality to it.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....