Nov 1, 2013

Mad Prophet






In The Scorpio Races, author Maggie Stiefvater writes, "It is the first day of November and so, today, someone will die."  Give us the next thirty-three words of this story, as you imagine it.  Take it wherever you like, but make it original and make it 33 words exactly.



"It is the first day of November
and so, today, someone will die."
Sounds like a prophecy of madness.
Yet, chills ran up and down my spine.
Raspy whispers of a homeless woman.

@ donetta sifford 11-1-2013

Written for: Trifecta



15 comments:

  1. Good take. My immediate thought when I read the passage, "Now isn't that much ado about nothing, people die everyday." I know, I am being too literal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a horrifying thought. The last line got me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice take on the prompt Donetta! Creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The prompt was to ADD 33 words to follow the quote provided. You have only added 20 to make a total of 33. The quote doesn't count in your story: only your additional words count :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh. well hell. lol. I'll leave as is. It was fun to write it either way. :)

      Delete
  5. The prophecy of madness and the woman's voice give this an eerie feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this was great. Love your ending line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the last line that makes this work. The ramblings of schizophrenia can be alarming, as well as predictive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creepy! I must admit I would be unnerved by such a prophecy no matter who uttered it. Nice voice to this and, yes, that last line really seals the deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor homeless woman!This was sad and frightening at the same time!Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the raspy whispers that get to me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....