Dec 8, 2013

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

My Skewed View



No way around it, 'tis the season.  Twisted Mix Tape #36 is Christmas music.  I'll try my best to list my 5 favorite Christmas songs of all time.



I pull this C.D. out every year.  This is one of my favorite Christmas songs to dance around to while decorating the tree.  Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas."  





In 2000, my best friend and I went to see in theaters, "How The Grinch Stole Christmas."  Both of us raised in the same small town, raised by our grandmothers, and pretty much had the same type of upbringing.  On September 12, 2000, my granny passed away that morning in the hospital.  Later, that night in church, her granny passed away.  So this song had that sad sound to it, yet, it became my favorite.  Faith Hill singing "Where Are You Christmas."  (It was Cindy Lou Hoo singing it in the movie)




This song has been covered by a lot of different artist.  There are also several versions that I love.  To hear Kathy Mattea singing the song just is so touching to me.  "Mary Did You Know?"




I guess Elvis' most popular song during Christmas is "Blue Christmas."  My ex-husband was an Elvis impersonator, for real.  He won a contest that was held somewhere in Nashville and part of the prize was he got to preform "Blue Christmas" on The Grand Ol' Opry.  I know right! We wasn't married at the time.  It was my senior year in high school, and knock on wood, the last time I have had the flu.  It was 1993 and I was so dehydrated that I couldn't go.  I later got to go to Memphis with him though for a show being held for some charities that Elvis was involved in. Anyway, <ahem>,  I actually love hearing Elvis sing "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me."




This last one has always been on of my favorites.  I just love the sound of it and her voice.  Brenda Lee singing "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree."




There you have it.  My top 5 Christmas songs.  There were so many more I wanted to add, but I narrowed it down to my top 5.  So, it's a blog hop over at Jen's!!  Share your Christmas music with everyone.
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and for those who don't celebrate, Happy Holidays!  Enjoy the season with loved ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....