Dec 20, 2013

Shaky Foundations

When they come for me 
in the morning
carrying their pretense
of setting me free,
I'll refuse the kind offer.
The board robed in fig leaves
and unforgivable hypocrisy
will speak in front of cameras,
facade of somebody standing
on my behalf, portraying fairness.
While the media feeds public
garbage, soaked in my blood,
I'll be off somewhere relaxing
in the heat of my desert, 
my parched lips sipping wine. 
They pronounce me imprisoned.
My existence defies societies rules.
Their misconception of freedom 
built on shaky foundations
of distorted half truths, fiction,
and blind, unquestioning men
is what the people should fear.

@ donetta sifford 12-20-2013

4 comments:

  1. WOW this is good. The concept of freedom is indeed misconceived as a result of media-fuelled garbage. I have no more to add - you said it all so perfectly and concisely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy! I wasn't sure if I was conveying the message or not that I was going for. I'm so glad you understood and liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. Donetta, hope all is well!

    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and all the good things in 2014! :<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Geraldine. I hope you have an amazing Christmas and 2014 brings you lots of happiness and joy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....