Mar 17, 2014

Easier to Satisfy





Do I need to pretend we're happy?
  Voices nagging in my mind,
telling me there's more than where I am now.
I hesitate, fearing the unknown. 
Wishing I was easier to satisfy.
Somehow.

Donetta Sifford 3-17-2014

Written for: Trifecta Week 114




I am very saddened by the closing of Trifecta.  Though I found the community about a year ago, I have enjoyed the challenges, meeting other participants, expanding on my writing, and all the support.  Thank you to everyone who stops by and reads my responses to the challenges.  I hope we all continue to drop by each other's blogs and keep in touch after Trifecta is closed.  To the wonderful people who have held the community together and spent so much time reading, re-reading, and judging challenges.........thank you so much for all of your efforts.  I will truly miss Trifecta. 



17 comments:

  1. I think many of us have had similar thoughts. When things go wrong, it's easy to blame ourselves, even though we aren't the only factor in a relationship.

    I'm sorry to hear Trifecta is closing, too. I've enjoyed reading your responses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...wishing I was easier to satisfy..." I know this feeling all too well. You expressed it very well.

    I too hope Trifectans will keep in touch. You can find me on Twitter, Studio30+, and a variety of other places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and I will definitely find your writing.

      Delete
  3. great expression of the torment of whether to tear oneself away or simply learn to live within one's own being

    ReplyDelete
  4. This resonates with me...more than I would like to admit. Well put together and to the point. Kudos. And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was my honor to find your blog.

      Delete
  5. Your piece is how I feel about Trifecta. You could not have said it better in you message either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, your words say what many of us want to. But I'll continue to read your words and encourage your sentences.

    there is no reason to pretend at anything, we can be sad together and then find happy together again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kir. I very much enjoy reading your blog. So, I'll drop by often.

      Delete
  7. Real honest writing. Well done. I think a lot of us can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you say so easily yet difficult for many to voice-the inner turmoil,the debate-sigh!Beautifully done Donetta:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first step is always a wary and often scary one - but pretense isn't good for any relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretending to be happy... always a bad sign, and the 'guilt' of wishing you were easier to satisfy makes this a double whammy. Nicely rendered, Donetta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely post--all of it. We've been so lucky to have writers like you on the Trifecta train. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by. I am very thankful that I found such a wonderful community of writers who have all been too kind. It's challenged me and broken me out of a shell. Thank you for all you do and best wishes!!!

      Delete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....