Mar 4, 2014

Young and Beautiful


My Skewed View



I'm awake at 3 a.m. but that's okay. School's running on a two hour delay thanks to more winter weather yesterday.  So, I'm linking up with Jen for Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday.  This week's theme:  If my life had a soundtrack.....


I may be just skimming over some of my life but I decided to break it down into categories.  First, I'm going back to my musical memories and pulling this out from as far back as memory allows. 
Waylon Jennings singing "Amanda" became a favorite of mine as soon as I realized what a song was.  My aunt sang this song to me on repeat. 





Who better to introduce me to my own type of sounds than Michael Jackson?  Even my grandfather couldn't deny the album Thriller had some pretty catchy beats going on. "I'm Bad" was always one I could get by with picking up the stereo needle and placing it back on repeat, very carefully.








I'll sum up my teenage years with R.E.M. and "Losing My Religion."  From my friends in my small town to my pals in my drama class, this song had a way of making everyone sing along and just enjoy the music.









This next song has been played over and over in my c.d. player as well as my head.  It covers a long span of my adult years. Staind with "It's Been Awhile."








Now............... that sums it up......... this next song should be thrown on the soundtrack of the movie of my life.  Maybe as credits are rolling at the end. shrug. Lana Del Rey singing "Young and Beautiful."








Now it's your turn to link up with Jen, give us your life's soundtrack, and then visit a few others and hear their life. 



4 comments:

  1. This is a great soundtrack and I love the direction you went with it. Skimming the surface yet totally telling us about you too. I love learning about everyone through song. Its nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. This theme was a lot of fun. Nice to meet you. :)

      Delete
  2. I love it, the credits :-) You know I think this topic in general is the best we've done. I mean no one is going to fake these songs, you know?
    I really loved this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed this topic. It left a lot of space to play your life's soundtrack, depending on where you wanted to start. You're right............ I don't think anyone could fake their list.

      Delete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....