Aug 7, 2014

Incessant Drone

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog



Brand new world,
brand new day.
Doesn't everything
feel the same, repeat.
Smoke my first cigarette
open up the newspaper.
Wars going on, people murdering.
Just blame the president, 
it's the American way.
Cover this bad news 
with a little green.
Roll it up just to walk outside.
Avoid the television, neighbors too.
Damaged people bring me down.
Pull out my smart phone, 
so I don't have to stop, choose 
an app to converse with me.
Look to the sky, it's a bird,
it's a plane, wait, it's a drone
and it starts to rain, 
my black and blue parade. 

@ donetta sifford 8-7-2014

Written for: My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog




6 comments:

  1. All so sad, but so true. That last line, "my black and blue parade," a perfect ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's shocking the disconnect we willingly impose on ourselves because it's so darn easy in the 21st century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I read somewhere we are living in the times of smart phones and stupid people. I wouldn't go that far, but a lot of ways to communicate or not communicate are so different for my daughters than it was for me. We had a rotary phone, hooked to the wall, the cord couldn't stretch any further, and we just had to take our chances when we answered. I'm not that old either, just to my children. lol

      Delete
  3. I really do love your writing style, and the intelligence you lend to those of us who read out here, Donetta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That means a great deal to me.

      Delete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....