Aug 18, 2014

Shipwrecks

Yell Sound, Shetland, 2014, by R.A.D. Stainforth 




The Morning Star sank, still 

we face drooping clouds, heavy

with rain, strong winds keep blowing.

Some for the fishing, some for money,

some prefer dangers of the Sound.

Draping my black raincoat

around my shoulders, I sail on.

Not for cash, not for adventure,

not for the catch of the day.

I found myself aboard this vessel

when my sweet love walked away.

Watching the otters and whales,

I feel as black as the rolling current.

Lighthouses guide our odd crew

and the strong winds keep howling.

donetta sifford 8-18-2014



8 comments:

  1. This Dutchman has a good Captain , it seems ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive, and a touch poignant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel as black as the rolling currents. AWESOME! Love and Light, S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed reading your take on this Magpie tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great read, Donetta . . . ~ Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....