Oct 2, 2014

Room For One

barbaracrarybeach
Photo provided by Margo Roby: Wordgathering

Deep blue sea,
you span out forever.
Taking my breath away.
Every time I see you
it feels like the first time.
First of many times
drift through my mind
as I stare at the cattails 
dancing in the breeze.
A lover's hand leading me
to rockier paths, jagged rocks.
I was not jaded then. 
First day of Autumn, 
coastal flora still lingering, 
like the scent of your coat,
you wrapped around me
while I stood on the rocks,
shaking, snapping photos
so I could recall our first
time here, our smiles, love.
Tranquility and danger,
waves crashing, wind blowing,
I close my eyes, taking it in.
That day you left me standing
in this spot, knelt down, 
hot tears stinging my cold face,
floods through my thoughts.
I hear a splash in the distance,
the sound of clarity, strength.
I've grown weary of loving you.
There's only room for one here. 



10-2-2014

Written for a photo prompt on Margo Roby's Wordgathering 

1 comment:

  1. Ouch and well done. I like that I couldn't tell where the speaker was taking us [even with the title] yet when I read back through the path is there. The poem fits the photograph beautifully but can also stand on its own. Love that final line.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....