Apr 18, 2015

Floating Device

painting by Daria Petrilli 

Other fish in the sea
or so I have been told.
Thoughts swim in my mind
like a deep secret I hold.
Digging deeper inside my soul
has led me to jaded places.
You need more from me
than blending in with pretty faces.
Actions compared to words,
is like blue splattered with black.
Anything right I do?
I've memorized what I lack.
Sorry is hard for me.
Trying isn't making it right.
Feeling useless in the sunshine.
Proved myself during the night.
Other fish in the huge sea.
That's what I've been told.
Trying to stay afloat 
in a world that feels so cold.
Whisper something I do right.

donetta sifford 4-18-2015



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Tess. I did forget the drifting.

      Delete
  2. This has such a forlorn feel to it, and your use of repitition works to enhance that. I find this a very moving write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....