May 10, 2015

Angels and Astronauts

Provided by Magpie Tales

Childhood hearing of angels, 
faithful servants to a Higher Power.
Trumpets will sound, 
angels flying down, 
for those who still care.
Picturing my guardian angel
trying to descend upon me
to show me where I went astray.
I see the fog from factories,
read of oil spills in the water, 
hear people speaking
in the corner market 
about meat not safe to buy.
Walking, thinking, 
lighting a cigarette,
I picture my angel of mercy
choking from the smog,
making me wonder
does she keep on her mission,
or question her Creator?
Perhaps in an astronaut helmet,
she will still come for me.
Surely I'm no more disappointing
than the atmosphere.  

Donetta Sifford  5-10-2015  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL MOTHERS OUT THERE IN BLOGLAND!!!

14 comments:

Comments and feedback are very much appreciated....